- Log into WHM.
- Navigate to Account Functions on the left side of the screen and click on Modify an Account.
- Highlight the domain and click Modify.
- Change the username and click Save.
Important Note: Please be aware that changing your username can result in your site going offline due to applications not expecting the username change. If your site fails to load after you change the username and you are unable to resolve the issue, you can repeat the above steps to revert the username back again.
Changing your cPanel username affects the following:
- The default cPanel / WHM Login
- The default FTP username
- The prefix for all databases under the account
- The username prefix for all database (MySQL) users
- Your home directory
Photo by LadyDragonflyCC