When is it necessary to change ownership of a customer account? We are glad you asked! Changing the primary ownership is necessary when the current contact no longer holds the role of the primary contact.
The process of changing the primary ownership is easy.
- Simply request a change of ownership form from a billing representative through an email, customer portal ticket, or phone call. ServInt Contact Page.
- We will send the form to the current primary account holder so he or she can fill out the necessary information.
- The current primary account holder will then hand the form off to the new primary account holder.
- After the new primary account holder signs and completes the form, it will need to sent back to the billing department for processing via email or fax.
- Upon changing the account information over to the new owner, we will send to the new primary contact portal login credentials for the Customer Portal.
Please note that the account must be current in order to change the ownership. We will not transfer an account that has a past due balance; this must be handled prior to the change. If there are still any questions regarding changing the ownership of your account, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Photo by martinak15