Statement of Support
SERVINT CUSTOMER SUPPORT & SERVER MANAGEMENT
Package Details and Definitions
From troubleshooting the OS or hardware, to implementing upgrades and patches, our highly-trained tech team will manage the tasks that keep your server’s performance optimized and running securely. Whether you’re a Linux expert or want us to handle all the system administration details, we have a level of support and server management to help meet your business goals and project needs.
Managed Services and Support
A dedicated team will learn about your business needs and goals and help you architect and manage your server to reach them. We’ll manage the server and keep the system running smoothly and securely, and let you focus on your business.
- All support and services from Essential Services and Core Support
- Dedicated account team
- On-boarding session
- System architecture & design consulting
- Monthly security audit
- Monthly performance analysis & recommendations
- Malware scanning & removal
- CMS Application Support
- Best effort 3rd party application support
The easy-to-use control panel paired with full hardware, server and control panel support from our technical experts, keeps you in control of the server environment while we handle the rest.
- All support features from Core Support
- 24/7 phone, chat & online technical support
- Site Migration
- Operating System Installation and support
- Full control panel support
- Full web server support
- Full database, FTP & email server support
- Full domain server support
You have complete control of the server environment. We’ll take care of the hardware and infrastructure to keep it running smoothly.
- 24/7 chat & online technical support
- Fully managed network infrastructure
- Performance monitoring
- Performance analytic graphs
- Performance alerts
- IP addressing support
- Fully managed hardware
- Class A Data Centers
- Technical support based in Virginia, US
Statement of Support—What’s Covered
†Only available with server configurations that include cpanel
|Premier Services||Essential Services||Core Support|
|24 x 7 x 365 Chat & Ticket Support|
|Fully Managed Network Infrastructure|
|IP Addressing Support|
|Fully Managed Hardware|
|Class A Data Center Facilities|
|North American Based Support Staff|
|Full Control Panel Support†|
|Control Panel Updates and Patches†|
|24 x 7 x 365 Telephone Support|
|Installation and Support of Base Operating System|
|Full Web Server Support|
|Full FTP Server Support|
|Full Mail Server Support|
|Full Database Server Support|
|Full Domain Name Server Support|
|Dedicated Account Team|
|Initial On-boarding, Architecture & Design Session|
|Operating System Updates & Patches|
|CMS Application Support|
|Best Effort 3rd Party Application Support|
|Server Performance Analysis|
|CHOICE OF Operating System (Linux, Ubuntu, Windows)|
Support & Server Management Task Definitions
- 24/7/365 Chat & Ticket Support
- Customer may contact customer and technical support through online chat and ticketing systems available through the online Customer Portal.
- Fully Managed Network Infrastructure
- ServInt is responsible for the network equipment under ServInt’s or our partner’s control, not including the public internet. ServInt will provide support and resolution of network contention and connectivity issues that exist within the ServInt, or third party cloud hosting partners network(s). Resolution of connectivity issues or observed network contention issues that reside outside the point of demarcation of these networks will be performed on a “best effort” basis.
- IP Addressing Support
- ServInt will support the host based configuration of assigned IP addressing. At the request of the customer, ServInt will SWIP IP address assignments with ARIN. Customers who are provided IP addresses by one of our cloud hosting partners will be subject to SWIP policies defined by the specific cloud hosting partner.
- Fully Managed Hardware
- ServInt, or partners, will perform maintain and perform preventative maintenance across all the customers’ hosted infrastructure to include: BIOS and firmware updates, physical inspections, regularly scheduled vendor specific diagnostic scans and general cleaning and upkeep. Additionally, ServInt, or its hosting partners, will replace defective or failed hardware upon detection.
- Class A Data Center Facilities
- All ServInt data centers maintains class A facility, including N+1 redundancy of HVAC systems and electrical systems. Our data centers maintain industry standard security controls, including 24 x 7 manned security, video cameras and ingress/egress controls.
- Performance Alerts
- ServInt will provide customers with performance alerts within the Customer Portal on CPU, RAM, Disk IO / Space, Network Traffic. Testing on the performance counters is performed every 5 minutes. Performance alerts are not available for bare metal servers or Jelastic PaaS.
- Performance Graphs
- ServInt will provide customers with performance graphs within the ServInt portal for CPU, RAM, Disk IO / Space, Network Traffic. Performance alerts are not available for bare metal servers or Jelastic.
- 24 x 7 x 365 Telephone Support
- Telephone support will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. All telephone support must be accompanied by an open ticket request submitted through the Customer Portal
- Daily Backups
- ServInt will perform a backup of the operating system every 24 hours. The backup is designed to provide recovery in the event of a disaster. File level recovery and point-in-time restoration is not included. The backup retention period is no more than 24 hours.
- Site Migration
- ServInt will perform site migration to move web root contents, databases and associated configuration files from another web hosting provider onto purchased ServInt system. As part of the migration, we will move up to 10 cPanel accounts or 5 non-cPanel accounts per server. Migration for additional sites is available: contact sales for more information.
- Installation and Support of Base Operating System
- ServInt will provide configuration reactive support of the standard operating system installed at the time of provisioning.
- Full Control Panel Support
- ServInt will perform the installation and configuration of the supported control panel software at the time of service provisioning. ServInt technical support staff will provide support for vendor documented features, configurations, and commonly used, documented, third-party modules and plugins. Poorly or undocumented control panel features and/or third party modules will be supported on a best effort basis.
- Full Web Server Support
- ServInt will ensure that the supported web server software is installed properly, running and accepting connections as per the standard vendor documentation at the time of service provisioning. In the event that the web server software stops running, or accepting valid connections, ServInt will identify and troubleshoot the root cause.
- Full FTP Server Support
- ServInt will ensure that the supported FTP server software is installed properly, running and accepting connections as per standard vendor documentation at the time of service provisioning. In the event that the FTP server software stops running, or accepting valid connections, ServInt will identify and troubleshoot the root cause.
- Full Mail Server Support
- ServInt will ensure that the supported mail server software is installed properly, running and accepting connections as per the standard vendor documentation at the time of service provisioning. In the event that the mail server software is stops running, or accepting valid connections, ServInt technical support team will identify and troubleshoot the root cause.
- Full Database Server Support
- ServInt will ensure that the supported database server software is installed properly, running and accepting connections as per the standard vendor documentation at the time of service provisioning. In the event that the database server software is not running, or accepting valid connections, ServInt technical support team will identify and troubleshoot the root cause.
- Full Domain Name Server Support
- ServInt, or its hosting partners, will provide reverse DNS services for all hosted customers. ServInt will support the host based configurations and host based problem resolution of forward DNS services on Named/Bind. In the event that the DNS server software is not running, or accepting valid connections, ServInt technical support team will identify and troubleshoot the root cause.
- Dedicated Account Team
- ServInt will assign your server account to a team of ServInt team members dedicated to your success. The dedicated team will assist you onboarding, help familiarize you with the Customer Portal and ServInt systems. Then over the duration of the service, your team will perform periodic check-in’s to help ensure the services are meeting your business needs and goals.
- Initial Onboarding, Architecture & Design Session
- After purchase, ServInt technical support staff will schedule and provide an initial onboarding session that will include overview of ServInt organization; review of Customer Portal; how to submit a trouble ticket and best practices; review of the installed software on the customers’ server; server access methods; review of commonly asked questions; analysis proper system architect and design for optimal performance, strong security, and effective system administration.
- Operating System Updates & Patches
- ServInt will perform the installation of “in-band” operating system updates and patches once a month on the supported operating systems. ServInt technical staff may exclude certain updates and patches, upon ServInt’s discretion, that are known non-compatible or problematic with installed software.
- Control Panel Updates and Patches
- ServInt will ensure that the supported control panel software is up-to-date with the latest patches and updates provided by the vendor.
- CMS Application Support
- ServInt will provide installation and initial configuration support of the supported CMS applications, upon request. ServInt will support the installation and configuration of well documented, known working and compatible third party modules, at the discretion of the ServInt technical services team.
- Best Effort 3rd Party Application Support
- ServInt staff will make a reasonable attempt to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to any third-party application.
- Security Audit
- ServInt will perform a periodic security audit to help ensure the customers service is protected from external threats. Once completed, ServInt will provide subscribing customers with a report detailing any recommendations available for security best practice, if warranted. The security audit can then be used by the customer to further harden the server or as a base line for requesting support.
- Server Hardening / Malware Cleanup
- Upon request ServInt will perform a server hardening based upon the results of a ServInt security audit, and remove identified malware on the impacted server.
- Server Performance Analysis
- ServInt will periodically perform a general system performance analysis to evaluate hardware configuration, application configuration, system loads on disk, CPU, memory and network and opportunities, for performance tuning. The report will include any recommendation or issues observed during the analysis.