How do I view my server’s disk usage?
There are a few ways to view your server’s disk usage. Two of the simplest are through your control panel or using the server resource graphs in your customer portal.
To view your server’s disk usage through your server control panel:
- Log into WHM.
- Click on Server Information under the Server Status header.
- Scroll to the bottom to view Current Disk Space Usage.
To view your server’s disk usage through your server resource graphs.
- Log into your customer portal.
- Navigate to the Products section.
- Choose Manage for the server you are interested in tracking.
- Select Resource Graphs from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Disk Space from the graph dropdown menu.
How do I view my domain’s disk space usage in cPanel/WHM?
- Log into cPanel for the particular domain.
- Click on Disk Space Usage under the Files header.
Why is my disk space usage displaying inaccurately using cPanel/WHM?
cPanel creates caches of your disk usage and other information, so any recent changes may not have been recalculated and logged in the cache.
If the issue is merely cosmetic and not causing any problems, it should correct itself within 24 hours. If it does not correct itself or is causing problems, please open a ticket in your customer portal and provide as much detail about your problem as possible.
How do I increase or decreasing the disk space for a customer’s cPanel account?
Resellers, web designers who host client websites, or anyone with multiple accounts on their VPS server has probably run into issues somewhere down the line with how much disk space their client accounts have access to on their server. Maybe your clients are uploading lots of content or they are getting a large volume of email. For whatever reason, it may become necessary to modify the amount of disk space a customer on your server has access to.
Here’s how to change the disk space quota for cPanel accounts:
- Log into WHM (not cPanel).
- Navigate to the Account Functions section down the left-hand column and click Quota Modification.
- Select on the domain or user for the account you wish to adjust the quota and click the “Modify” button.
- Set the quota limit (in MB) or click the Unlimited button and hit Save.
Photo by Jason Coleman