When installing a php script it’s typical for the script to ask for the following mysql information. Normally it requires a new database, user, and password so that it can generate the tables for the database.
Mysql Host : localhost Mysql User : Mysql Pass : Mysql DB:
Typically the ‘Mysql Host’ should be set to ‘localhost’.
You will need to create the new mysql user, pass, and DB. Below are instructions on how to do this:
- Log into the desired cPanel account.
- Navigate to Mysql Databases under the Databases section
- Create a new database.
- Note the name of the database after you click the ‘Create Database’ button. You will see the database is named cpaneluser_databasename. cPanel will append the cPanel username to each database.
- Back at the Mysql Databases section, add a new user. The same applies to the username as does the database name. The user will be cpaneluser_user.
- In the main Mysql Databases screen, go to the Add User To Database section and select your new user and new database and click Add.
- At the next page, select All Privileges
- Click Make Changes.
Photo by Samuel M. Livingston