- Log into cPanel.
- Click on Password Protect Directories under the Securities section.
- A pop-up box entitled File Manager Directory Selection will appear. Choose Web Root and click Go.
- Choose the directory that you would like password protected.
- On the following page you will need to check the box next to “Password protect this directory” and give the directory a name. Click Save.
- You will then need to add users to this directory under the Create User section by entering in a username and password.
- Finally, click Add/modify authorized user.
Photo by LadyDragonflyCC